Adult Mental Health
WHAT WE OFFER
We provide voluntary, confidential and comprehensive mental wellness supports for members of the seven First Nations along the North Shore, on and off reserve, providing:
- Mental Health and Addiction Counselling
- Individual and Group Therapies
- Cultural Services
- Access to Psychiatric Services
- Assessment and Referral Services
- Traditional Medicines and Ceremonies
- Walk-in Clinic / Brief Solution-Focused Services (Due to Covid-19 protocols, please see Tele-Counselling Supports at the bottom of this page.)
- Addictions Treatment – harm reduction
- 19 years of age and older
- Have identified a mental health or addictions related goal
- Member of one of the 7 First Nations along the North Shore
- You’re a parent/caregiver of a child involved in Nogdawindamin protection services
We will walk with you along your journey to wellness and help develop goals that support your well-being. We work closely with our Traditional Knowledge Keepers to offer balanced, traditional treatment options. All clients will be offered a Single Session Consultation counselling session to offer solution-focused and immediate supports while they await assignment to a Counsellor. We offer wholistic support and treatment in the areas of:
- Anxiety, Depression and Trauma
- Substance Use, Relapse Prevention
- Relationships, Family Violence
- Sexuality, LGBTQ2S Supports
Each of us us has been given life and individual gifts by the Creator.
Supportive Tele-Counselling services are offered Mon-Fri 8:30 – 4:30pm by contacting 1-800-465-0999, no referral or appointment required, open to all members/affiliates of the Seven First Nations along the North Shore.
Regular counselling services remain available virtually and in-person while ensuring client/staff health and well-being.