Children's Mental Health
WHAT WE OFFER
We provide voluntary, confidential and comprehensive mental wellness supports to children and youth 4-24 years of age as well as to parents and care-givers. Services are provided in safe, confidential and therapeutic settings on and off-reserve and are grounded in Anishnawbek culture and values. Primary services include:
- Individual, Family and Group Counselling
- Parenting Support (primary focus of referrals under 6 years of age)
- Cultural Teachings, Traditional Medicines and Ceremonies
- Access to Psychological and Psychiatric Consultation and Assessment Services
- Walk-in Clinic / Brief Solution-Focused Services (Due to Covid-19 protocols, please see Tele-Counselling supports at the bottom of this page.)
We will walk with you and your child along your journey to wellness and help develop goals that support your child's well-being. We work closely with our Traditional Knowledge Keepers to offer balanced, traditional treatment options. We offer wholistic support and treatment in the areas of:
- Trauma, Grief and Loss
- Anxiety and Depression
- Family/Relationship Conflict
- Self-Esteem, Social Difficulties
Each of us has been given life and individual gifts by the Creator.
Supportive Tele-Counselling services are offered Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm by contacting 1-800-465-0999, no referral or appointment required, open to all members/affiliates of the Seven First Nations along the North Shore.
Regular counselling services remain available virtually and in-person while ensuring client/staff health and well-being.